This error code may appear when switching from normal mode to multi-user mode. It could be caused by a misconfigured file system, a disconnect between the server and PC, or a blocked communication path. QuickBooks File Doctor can help.
Intuit released QuickBooks in 1994, one of the most widely acclaimed business management applications. The software is incorporated with powerful features and advanced tools that facilitate smooth business management.
Why does the QuickBooks Error H101 Error occur?
Errors are caused by a variety of factors. Here is a list of them:
- Setup of the hosting account incorrectly
- Firewall blocking access to company files
- Setup of incorrect.ND files allowing QB to approach company files in a network.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager cannot locate the IP address of the host computer.
- DNS is set incorrectly.
- We have not yet started offering QuickBooks services.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H101
Solution 1: Fix the error H101 with the File Doctor Tool
- You will first need to download the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool tool and access it from the server system.
- You can then choose QuickBooks file doctor.
- The File Doctor can be found under the File menu in QuickBooks.
- You need to fix errors related to the multi-user hosting after installing the file doctor tool.
Solution 2: Check your hosting provider
- Go to the File menu and select Utility.
- In the list, select Host Multi-User Access.
- To stop hosting multi-user access, tap the Stop Multi-User Access option.
- Finally, click on the Yes button to open the Company File Window.
Solution 3: Create a new folder for your company files and share them.
- Assign entry permission to the new folder and share it on the host computer.
2. Create a new folder and copy the .qbw file there.
3. You can open your company files in multi-user mode.
Different QuickBooks tools, such as QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor, can easily fix all the errors like H101.
In this post, the goal is to help you understand the causes of QuickBooks Error H101 along with the solutions. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Also Read: QuickBooks Update Error 15106